Your First Program
- Program is a file header - letting Modern Pascal know this is a program. In this case, named "First".
- uses informs Modern Pascal additional run-time libraries to load. In this case, the keyboard and display library "display".
- Begin ... End. is the main code block - the instructions that produce this algorithm of this program.
Code Block Explanation
- ClrScr stands for "Clear Screen" and erases everything in the comand prompt (console, terminal).
- Write displays everything between the apostrophes (known as a string).
- ReadKey makes the program wait until the user presses any key.